It has been a distinct honor to represent you in the state senate and the values we share in our area. I’m running for reelection to the state senate because I care for our community and my priority is to continue to fix our economy and get Michigan back to work. With your support, I look forward to continue serving you and moving west Michigan in the right direction.
I love west Michigan. As a lifelong resident and former second generation grocery store owner, I have had the opportunity to live, work and raise my family in one of the most wonderful areas of our state.
I believe in delivering real results for lakeshore residents – that is what you elected me to do four years ago. For the first time, in a long time, we’ve worked to create an environment that will continue to drive job creation and economic opportunities for hard-working Michigan residents. Our economy is headed on the right path again and west Michigan residents are helping to lead the way.
There is still much more to do, but we must build on our recent successes to continue to deliver real results for our community.
Just as important to fixing Michigan’s economy is also making sure our area has a “seat at the table” in Lansing.
I’ve spent this term traveling all over Muskegon, Newaygo and Oceana counties talking and listening to residents who need assistance and expect solutions. While some needs may be complex, lakeshore residents are strong, they have an unwavering spirit and they’re determined to succeed. These qualities are helping our community move Michigan forward.
So the projects I’ve worked on started HERE and matter HERE in W. Michigan.
- Whether it was securing funding to help clean up the Zephyr oil and gas site in Muskegon; or
- Expanding the Healthy Kids Dental program to our area; or
- Making sure Muskegon Community College received state support for their building projects; or
- Leading efforts to secure emergency harbor dredging funding; or
- Changing the restrictions on Muskegon’s Promise Zone scholarship program; or
- Working with a local kidney dialysis company to install backup generator capability; or
- Working to secure state-approval to cover lactation consultation and equipment for Medicaid-eligible mothers.
So as your state senator, I will continue to provide solutions and strong, focused leadership to help our area reposition itself as one of our state’s economic powerhouses. Michigan’s future is brighter and better things are in store for west Michigan. Michigan’s economic recovery remains two-pronged:
- We must continue to make it easier for our job providers to create stable, good paying jobs.
- We must continue investing in and delivering an education system that is preparing our children for these jobs.
This election offers us a great opportunity to continue the forward momentum of our state and create new job opportunities. With your help, let’s keep moving west Michigan in the right direction and leading the way.
How YOU can help!
With your help, you can play a pivotal role in the outcome of this election. We will once again run a campaign driven by grassroots support and there are several ways you can help make this a successful campaign!
- Financial contributions are always appreciated as they help us communicate our message and reach new voters. Contribute
- Volunteers will be vital to our operation. Please consider donating your time by walking in parades, passing out information and helping with mailings.
- We are always looking for new sign locations. Please let us know if you would like aHansen for Senate sign for your yard.
- If you are on Facebook and Twitter, please “like” and “follow” me on my campaign pages to receive updates on the campaign.
Hansen for Senate Headquarters opens
We recently opened our campaign headquarters so please stop in at 3130 Glade St. Suite B in Muskegon Heights to learn how you can help Team Hansen.
Check out new Hansen for Senate website www.hansen4senate.com
Please take a few minutes to click through the site to find the latest news on the campaign, learn more about Sen. Hansen and issue positions along with ways to help the campaign.
Please join in supporting our re-election to the state senate to continue fixing our economy and getting west Michigan back to work!
Senator Goeff Hansen